The US Federal Reserve (Fed) maintained its target rate as expected by most market participants. The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) kept its March growth projections largely unchanged, but almost half of the committee now anticipates lower policy rates later this year. During his press conference, Fed Chair Jerome Powell indicated that the central bank now sees additional risks to the outlook from trade policy, investment intentions, and manufacturing.
- The Fed left its fed funds target rate at a range of 2.25% – 2.5%.
- 美联储将联邦基金目标利率维持在2.25% - 2.5%的区间。
- The combination of recent dovish comments from Fed officials and actual lower policy-rate projections have set the stage for rate cuts later this year.
- While continued strength of economic data does not yet warrant an easing in policy, the Fed seems determined to support the current expansion.
- Fed officials have cited ongoing trade uncertainty as a reason for caution.